Friday, April 22, 2011

HAUL: Cosmetics (SanSan, Ever Bilena, Aido, Fashion 21) and a short review

My first ever haul and review, yey! :)

These were the things that I bought in the past months:

1. Gel Liner, Long Lash Mascara in black, Eyelash Curler from San San Cosmetics (HBC)


EYELASH CURLER
5 out of 5. I'm super in love with this curler! It can hold your full lashes. It is super cheap too! I t only cost Php 55. What I don't like about it is the handle, it takes much space in your make up kit.   

Gel Liner
I wanted to try gel liner because I think that this is much easier to use than a liquid liner. So I've been searching for a cheap gel liner. (Why cheap and not try the high end gel liners?) My main reason is that: I'm just a beginner and I don't want to waste money on expensive gel liners. I just want to practice how to apply it and when I'm good enough, I would definitely go to those better gel liners. So when I saw this gel liner in HBC, I did not hesitate to buy it. It comes in two colors - black and brown.



PROS:
-this is okay for the first time users (like me) because you could practice putting it on until you can perfect it without wasting money because...
-it is super cheap! I bought it for php115
-it comes with a small brush which is somewhat easy to use

CONS:
-the color is not that intense
-it tends to dry out easily. I bought it last January and I just used it maybe 10-15 times ONLY and it's not that (hmm what would be the right term for it..) dewy or moist anymore compared to the first few tries that I used it.

a swatch of the gel liner. As you can see, the color is not that intense.


For that swatch, I rubbed it with my fingers but it didn't smudge. I tried to rub it with a toner and it did not smudge too. I wasn't able to get a picture of it, sorry.

OVERALL: I would give it a 3 of 5 rating. This would be very helpful for newbies, or for practicing. But I think when you are already a pro in using gel liners, you wouldn't like it.

LONG LASH MASCARA

silicon brush of the mascara


PROS:
-cheap. It ranges from Php 120-130
-easy to remove. You won't have raccoon eyes!

CONS:
-tends to clump easily

pardon my eyebags. haha! (L) curled with mascara, (R) not curled and w/o mascara
OVERALL: I'd give it a 4 of 5 rating. It lengthens my lashes fine and it can be removed easily so it is a plus for me but it clumps easily so you have to be fast in applying it on your lashes so it would not clump.

2. Aido palette and a free F21 lip gloss


I bought this palette for my graduation. I was suppose to use it in my graduation make up BUT on the last minute, I decided not to. Hmm I don't know.. I don't feel the shimmering effect of it on that day. Haha!


shimmery brown

swatch with flash
swatch w/o flash
red lip gloss
 I wasn't able to choose a good color of gloss. I bought the palette and gloss in set. There is no other available color for the lip gloss except for this red one.

3. Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey

EB Matte Lippies was on sale from Jan-March. Good thing I was able to purchase Mauvey before the sale ended. The original price of it was Php129, and I got it for only Php99. I love this color! It is a nude shade with a touch of pink. I used this in my graduation make up. I'm sooo in love with this shade! <3



I hope I was able to give justice to those products :) Til my next haul!


1 comment:

  1. I also have that EB Mauvey lippie! I really love that also! Loved the color! :) Nice Review Dear!

    ReplyDelete