Tuesday, March 20, 2012

1 Week After The Operation..


 I just had an operation last week (March 13, 2012). My appendix was taken out of my system.

Last monday night, the lower right part of my tummy was really in pain. I was just curled up in my bed, wasn't able to eat my dinner, I was really in pain. When I woke up the next day, the pain was lessened but it was still there. Went on to work, feeling that the pain would go away eventually within that day. I went to our company doctor for check up, but I was sent home. They told me to go to a hospital to have some tests to clear things out, coz they said it might be an appendicitis. So there, I left the office and went directly to a hospital near my place. I just waited for my mom to get to the hospital. Our company doctor told me to see a surgeon, so there, he examined me and adviced to tale aome tests. My blood and urine was tested. I went through an ultrasound. An obgyne also saw me, because the surgeon said that it can also be a pain related to the uterus. I went through many tests and still the verdict would be to take out my appendix because they found out that my appendix was really swollen. It would be better to take it out now than to take it out when it is already raptured were it can be really dangerous beacuse I could get poisoned.

I cried , knowing that there would be no other option. I don't want to undergo an operation knowing that it would be very painful after, I would be absent from work, I can't go out, I can't enjoy summer, I can't come with my college friends for a summer getaway in Batangas (were I was really excited about, and I was the one who planned it). But I can't do anything about it, I have to. For me, for my health..

The operation went well. I went out of the hospital on my 3rd day of stay there. It was really fast noh? I could wiwi na kasi and fart, that means my system is normal already. I know and I feel that I could recover and go back to my normal living earlier than expected. Summer? Geez I hope I could enjoy it, haha.

Anyway, I wouldn't regret this naman. Health is more important :) If you feel something, don't ignore it. Prevention is better than cure. Love love love yourself especially your health.

Appendicitis
The appendix is a small, finger-shaped organ that comes out from the first part of the large intestine. It is removed when it becomes swollen (inflamed) or infected. An appendix that has a hole in it (perforated) can leak and infect the entire abdomen area, which can be life threatening.

For more info about appendicitis or appendectomy (the process of removing the appendix) you can visit:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0003418/

3 comments:

  1. omygosh :( i hope you fully recover fast already! health is far more important than a summer getaway naman... you won't enjoy it kung may masakit sa katawan mo! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hazel! Absolutely true. I could have many summer getaway naman dba? Health is wealth :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend had the same problem about a month ago - not fun at all! She was so persistent to get back to work that she only rested for a week after the operation.... which I would not recommend. At least the operation went well and now you can rest and get better. Like Hazel said, health is so much more important :) <3

    http://www.mishinformed.com

    ReplyDelete